From Cardigan Bay to Im Themightyquinn, Southland has been producing champion New Zealand harness racing horses for decades. And at Macca Lodge, a family-owned and operated stud in the heart of the province’s productive pastureland, you’ve got the chance to breed a champion of your own.
Owning a broodmare has never been easier than at Macca Lodge. From conception through to birth and beyond, your mare will be well looked after by an experienced team at top facilities.
Macca Lodge has the facilities and know-how to provide a year-round service for both mares and foals on site. There’s no need to look elsewhere for any aspect of their day-to-day care and development.
Particular expertise in this area sets Macca Lodge apart as the perfect centre for breeding and rearing successful racehorses.
Features of the Stud
The welfare of your mares and foals is Macca Lodge’s absolute priority. They appreciate the trust you place in them and pride themselves on having the knowledge and experience to understand the specific care your animals require.
They’re a friendly and approachable bunch and like to keep our owners up to date with the condition of their animals and the status of each breeding programme.
- Top class facilities with proven results
- 24-hour supervised foaling for peace of mind
- Access to quality chilled/frozen semen from the best stallions
- NZ base for Panspacificflight and Net Ten EOM frozen semen
- 600 acres of excellent quality grass year round
- Quality nutrition with mineral hard feed
- Irrigation in summer
- Competitive rates. Click here for more information
- Discount packages available for year round mares
- Agistment and spelling available short or long term
- Weaning service available